Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Whole 30



I know you are probably wondering what is whole 30.  Well my Bestie did the Whole 30 a couple months ago and had such great success with the program that I was curious. 
Why I started Whole 30:
My breaking point to finally start this healthy change was just looking in the mirror and was not happy with the way I looked.  We went out of town for a diving meet and at our hotel had a pool (of course).  I had forgotten to pack bathing suits for myself and Taryn.  So, naturally we went shopping for suits. Taryn is super easy to find cute bathing suits for but, when it comes to us Mommies well not so easy.  Marshalls seemed to have tons of two piece bathing suits and well let's be honest for those who have had kids is not flattering for most.  Target was next door so, I figured I would have some success over there.  I had some pieces in hand, went to the dressing room and well it wasn't pretty at all.  I didn't like the way I looked or felt.  So I decided after this birthday weekend starting Monday I was going to change a lot of things.  For those of you who know me I don't really think about things I just go and do it. 
 Bestie Brandi Bruno sent me the PDF for Whole 30 and I read through it inspired to change. Not just me but my family as well.  Cold turkey peeps!!!!  Monday came and we were full force.  Had my workout planned out and my weekly shopping list ready.  Now I am one day shy of completeing week 1 and so far so good.  Now I have done the eat clean thing before I had our 2nd daughter and I had great success.  But I believe that this time around it hasn't been a lot harder for me to get back into eating clean and healthy so  the weight has either stagnent or just plaing increasing in areas that are not sexy.
 With Whole 30 I am cutting out the carbs, dairy, and any other nasty processed food or ingriedient out there.  I know, y'all probably are thinking, "No CARBS" I would die.  Well trust me, I am cause who doesn't love pasta, breads, and cheese. Oh and don't forget the delicious creamer that we have to go with our coffee every morning, sweets, and well all the bad stuff that we have grown to love. 
I am on day 6 and so far so good.  Yes, I am begining to have some side effects of course because my body is getting rid of all that toxic crap but, I just need to remind myself that it is going to be worth in the end.  Now don't get me wrong I "CRAVE" the sweets and salites but I have been strong so far to not reach for the chocolate or the salty chips that are calling to me in the pantry.  I will eventually post success pics and recipies.  If any of you are interested check it out and read up.  I have posted a link below:
http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/ .  Wish me luck on surviving all the way to day 30!!

No comments:

Post a Comment